Tuesday, August 6, 2013

This is yet another great interview from producer/catfighter/wrestler Jezabel Romo. Please check out the links of the beautiful woman after you read the interview, and it is a great one. 

Thank you so much for this great interview, Jezabel.







CONTACT INFO:


Websites http://www.LuchaGirls.com for clipstore
              http://www/SantinoBros.net for pro wrestling

Twitter is @Jezabel Romo or @LuchaGirls
Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/Wrestling.Manager for Jezabel Romo



1. So tell us a little about yourself. Favorite food? Sports team? Place to visit?
hmmm....what to say?  I am a French Bean (Mexican) woman who at the age of 41 is finally comfortable with herself and this crazy life!  I pretty much, eat, sleep, breathe wrestling..its an addiction if you will. I have been in this crazy business for 12+ years now.  I am co-owner with my husband, 19 year veteran Pro Wrestler Joey Kaos of Santino Bros Wrestling in Bell Gardens, CA as well as owner of Lucha Girls Wrestling. I got married on a show called Lucha Vavoom.  I love country music, it helps keep me grounded and sane.  I am also an avid paranormal and romance book junkie.....I like to escape reality with a book, not a damn Kindle or electronic device.  Set me up in a corner with a good old fashioned page turning & old book smell and I am in a lil piece of heaven! .I have a 24 year old human child as well as 2 chihuahuas that don’t know they are dogs - Bruiser the Sugar Bear & PeeWee the Donkey and a live mouse catcher in the form of a kitten named Pheona the Lil Bitch!  Oh and I am in the beginning stages of writing a book about guess what????  thats right paranormal romance...lol.  HATE HATE HATE cheese in any shape, size or form, yes a pizza is still a pizza with no cheese...its chunky milk people!!  Disgusting........oh and I have a weakness for french fries.


2. How did you get started in catfighting?
I was an unemployed Phlebotomist student, though worked on the Pro Wrestling circuit for about 9+ years as an in ring Heel/Rudo manager. Then I met Jennifer Thomas.  She was the first one to tell me about customs, catfighting, fantasy wrestling etc.  I decided to give it a shot and started trying to network.  Though since I also own a pro wrestling school, it was a bit easier for me to get started.  I owe her alot, as she really took me under her wing and helped get me started with contacts, introducing me to the girls & doing trade with me to start my clip store.  Bottom line, the chick is awesome and I owe her my livelihood!!!


3. What companies have you worked for?  Mainly I work for Lucha Girls Wrestling, but have also worked for APL Video, WAW Productions, USCWA (out of biz), WCFF, DT Productions, Leather & Lace, Fem Wrestling Rooms, and pro wrestling companies such as Santino Bros Wrestling, CWFH, Lucha Vavoom (got married on that show),  MexPro, and alot of indy companies on the circuit! Also, some private customers as well.....gotta love fulfilling private wrestling fantasies...LOL


4. What's the least amount of rules you have used when filming a catfight?
In regards to filming matches, I try to be the utmost professional.  If its a competitive match, I try to keep it a clean fight and only use dirty tricks when needed.  If I have heat with the girl, then maybe a bit more lenient on the “clean fight” rule and be a bit more stiff.  But since I don’t really have heat with anyone in this industry, life is peachy! LOL

5. What is your favorite catfight move to do to an opponent?
Since I know both pro style wrestling and catfight, I like to throw my opponent off guard and use Pro moves on them such as submission holds like the Crossface, Boston Crab or stuff like that, or if I know they are a bit more experienced I will hit them with a Sidewalk Slam, Code breaker or my personal favorite the Sit Out Piledriver.  My move base & mindset for a match is usually determined by who my opponent is.


6.  How do people react when they hear you catfight for money?
Well depending on it being a male or female depends on the reaction....most guys think of oil wrestling first thing and most girls think raunchy, sleazy or slutty.  Most of the people I meet or hang with are pro wrestlers so we have become a somewhat  dysfunctional yet loving and supportive family!  


7. Have you ever been in a catfight in your everyday life like at a bar or party? The more details the better.
Being a chicana, (yes Chicana, not Latina) born & raised in LA, I have actually had alot of street fights, I would’nt call them catfights per say, more of the fists-a-flying variety, though most chicks who can’t fight will always pull your damn hair and get cat scratch fever....LOL.  Word of advice, never get into someone else’s fight when you have double pinkeye!  No bueno!  When I was a teenager, my friends used to “hire” me to fight their battles, I started one with this one girl and I can honestly say that I got my ass handed to me in that fight.  I guess it helps if you can see your opponent properly.  I went from double pinkeye to double black and pink eyes.  My last fight was about 3 years ago against a psycho neighbor, this bitch Tanya lived in her own world, but kept trying to invade mine.  She talked a bunch of shit constantly to my neighbors, to me and would beat the shit out of her boyfriend almost every night he was home from his firefighter job.  It was truly sad (& a pain in the ass to my sleep schedule as she lived above me).  One day, she caught me right at the bad time of PMS and I got in her face and asked her if she wanted to back up the shit her frigid sex hating ass would talk about me.  She kept on babbling until I grabbed her by the back of the neck (remember kiddies, Control the head & you control the body) and started elbowing the back of her head and kneeing her in the face....LMAO....seeing her humble ass the next day with varying shades of blue, black and purple on her ugly face really made my day, even thru the PMS.....good times I tell ya! And of course there was the time at Leather &Lace where I was supposed to fight a tweeker names Sophie, Sophia something like that.  She didnt want to work, she wanted to shoot and didnt appreciate me laughing at her and asking if she needed to go take a fix before we had our match.  She started swinging on me, but the fight was broken up before anything fun could happen....lol!

8. What is the wildest fight ever proposed to you?
So far the wildest (and most fun) match was the Loser Gets Tarred & Feathered.  Jennifer Thomas & I were booked in a custom and like the title says, the loser got Tarred & Feathered!  Well pancake syrup and feathered.  The best part of that match was having to regally with head held high, walk thru LA Fitness with feathers falling off of me to take a shower.  I lived in a warehouse (the things you do for wrestling LOL) at the time that didnt have a shower, so LA Fitness was it!  The puzzling looks on peoples faces was priceless!


9. Have you ever done an unfilmed catfight for money? Would you?
I’ve done the real fight thing growing up for no money, does that count? LOL  Seriously, wrestling is my life, literally. Fulltime during the day, I am the Admissions Director for Santino Bros Wrestling Academy, my husband is a fulltime pro wrestler and I own/run Lucha Girls Wrestling, so yes I have done unfilmed wrestling matches.

10. Anyone you would like to do a competitive rules catfight with? Maybe someone from your everyday life?
I pretty much fight everyday and get most of my anger and aggression out in training.  There is a couple of girls on the pro side who I don’t think have respect for this business nor belong in this business, who I would love to get in the ring, but I try to keep my drama at a minimum for the most part.


11. Are you nervous before a fight?
I do get nervous before a fight.  Some would say that is because I am not ready and some will say that its because I care.  Either way I am always nervous before a fight with a person I have never stepped in the ring with before.  Every fighter will usually have a reputation that proceeds them, either they are a green girl,  good worker, jobber or a stiff mother fucker...LOL.  



12. Anything else you would like to add?
I guess all I would like to add is that I hope you find this interview fun and entertaining.  I don’t really talk about myself that much and wasn’t sure how this was going to turn out.  But whether its catfight wrestling, or any type of passion you have for something (well legally speaking at least lol) go after it, grab it by the balls and conquer it!  I try to live by the rule of “Live the life you love, Love the life you live”!  and thats a wrap!  Peace out and God Bless! xoxoxo


CONTACT INFO:


Websites http://www.LuchaGirls.com for clipstore
              http://www/SantinoBros.net for pro wrestling

Twitter is @Jezabel Romo or @LuchaGirls
Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/Wrestling.Manager for Jezabel Romo

No comments:

Post a Comment